Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Books I regret buying!

 
We've all done it at one point. Spent money on a book that frankly doesn't deserve to be spent money on. Here's my list of books which i regret buying in no particular order.

1) The Red Queen - Phillipa Gregory.
After watching a couple of historical fiction movies such as The Other Boleyn Girl and My Last Duchess, I decided to go out and pick up some historical fiction novels. I chose The Red Queen by watching a book review online on the prequel novel The White Queen. However unfortunately I was disappointed in realising this genre is just not for me. The Red Queen was boring and I'm sure it will sit on my shelf for a long time gathering dust.

2) Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
Although this book is hugely popular in the YA genre I never actually got into the book properly. The cliches, characters and the plot annoyed me through out the read and I can definitely say I will not be following the series to the end.

3) We Need to Talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver.
The idea around the book is what first caught my eye. However what I didn't expect was the book to be formatted in a series of long winded letters from a woman to her ex husband. Definitely a heavy read for the older readers.

4)Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro.
I picked this book of the shelf thinking it would be a cute edgy fluffy romance novel but boy was I wrong. Although romance is a reoccurring theme in the book its definitely not in the way you would expect. Also I dislike sad endings which this book did have.

5) Ultra Violet - RJ Anderson.
What captivated me in the shop was the blurb which was fascinating. However that's where the fascination stops I'm afraid. Ultra Violet is possibly the weirdest book I have ever read in my life, and probably will ever read. I just couldn't fully get my head around some ideas in the book and I was left feeling very confused. Not worth the money.

3 comments:

  1. I'm there with you on Ultraviolet, while I enjoyed R.J. Anderson's Faery Rebels series I just couldn't get into this one. But, I am a Hush, Hush fan.
    New Follower :)
    carole @ thelifeoffiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also a fan of Hush, Hush, but I understand why you're not into it. Patch is pretty awesome as the bad-boy-gone-good, but Nora was a little (a lot) grating on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Sisterhood19 August 2011 at 12:07

    Nora did get on my nerves an awful lot, but I have to admit Patch sounded hot :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...