Saturday, 27 August 2011

Interview with Samantha Sotto

Samantha Sotto is the author of Before Ever After. We got the opportunity to discuss her new book with her and her experiences being a writer. Check out more information on her website at: http://samanthasotto.com/  
Here ya go :D

1. Have you always wanted to be a writer? I read somewhere that you had'nt considered being a published author.

I stumbled upon writing when I found myself with three hours to kill at Starbucks while waiting to pick my son up from school.I didn't want to drive all the way back home and I didn't want to pay for WiFi. I needed to find a way to amuse myself without making my wallet groan.

2. How did you come up with the idea of Before Ever After?

Doctor Who Marathon + Sobbing over Henry De Tamble + One hour stuck in traffic = Ta-dah! Shiny new idea about a man who has a penchant for not dying, believes that he can get through anything if he has a chicken and runs an offbeat tour around Europe.

3. Which author insipires you the most?

Neil Gaiman. Neil Gaiman. Neil Gaiman. Oh, and did I mention Neil Gaiman? :)

4. How would you describe the experience of getting published?

The pre-book deal part of the process was like watching polar ice melt. I was constantly waiting - waiting for  agents to respond, waiting for editors to respond, waiting for those pesky crickets to stop chirping in my inbox. Once the book sold, life shifted gears and "deadline" became my middle name. Now that the book is out, I'm convinced that someone pressed the universe's warp speed button. If you find out who that person is, please tell him that he can stop now. 

5. Any tips for new writers out there?

Show up for work even if inspiration decides to play hooky.

6. Describe Before ever after briefly?

Briefly? Um...ah...*runs away*
*Sneaks back in* Okay. How about this?
Before Ever After is a modern fairy tale about true love, happy endings, new beginnings, and everything in between.

7. Have you planned a series?

Before Ever After is a stand alone book. I like the way it ends: a period with a happy and hopeful smile on its face.

8. And finally what are your up coming projects?

I'm working on my second book now. And sleeping. Yeah. That would be good too.

Before Ever after is availible for preorder of Amazon here: Before Ever After: A Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...