Sunday, 21 August 2011

Review: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Firstly can I just mention the cover is absolutely gorgeous. I’m not one to judge a book by its cover but wow. Definitely what made me pick up the book in the first place. I have a growing obsession with angel books, I bought Unearthly the same time I purchased Halo and I love them both equally. I think theirs something about angels which appeal to me more than vampires or werewolves or any other mythical creature. Angels just seem more real to me.

The book revolves around Bethany, a young angel visiting Earth for the first time with her brother Gabriel, an Arch Angel, and sister Ivy, a seraphim. The three angels have been sent on a mission on earth to try and clean the earth of the evil which seems to be spreading across the small town where they live. It takes a lot of time for them to adjust to life as "humans," especially Bethany, who is experiencing everything for the first time. She is more "human" than the other angels and is able to share their emotions, which leads her into trouble when she falls for a mortal boy at her new school called Xavier.


Another plus point of this book is that it develops into a love triangle between Xavier, Bethany and Jake who we learn later on is a Demon. This makes the book more exciting. Jake is a typical bad boy where Xavier is the good guy. The story ends with an epic cliff hanger literally leaving me speechless.

Alexandra Adornetto is an Australian author and Halo is her first release. Only after finishing the book and looking at the authors biography page at the back I realised she was 17 when she wrote Halo which I think is just astonishing and so inspiring as the book is so beautifully written. Hades is due to release in 10 days! I really cannot contain my excitement!! Overall I give this book 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...