Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Sana's top 5 summer reads

1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I absolutely love the Hunger Games trilogy, its set in a dystopian world, and this was a fantastic conclusion to a captivating Trilogy. I would recommend this book to everyone out there! it keeps you hooked from the first page.



2. City of Fallen angels by Cassandra Clare
I am a huge fan of The Mortal Instrument Series, and this was a brilliant book, i was gobsmacked by the end of it! i truly love Cassie Clare's style of writing she's smart, funny and brilliantly describes the characters that you cant help but love each and every one of them. Love It!


3. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
Halo is a dark love triangle between a human, an angel and a demon. Alexandra Adornetto didn't fail in captivating me with her beautiful prose, and the reader really felt in tuned with the characters. Definitely a book to read this year.


4. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
My lovely friend Tiggy lent me this book to read, and i loved it! its against all odds kind of love story.
I love the fact that angelini has included greek mythology into modern times. I think that the title says it all! starcrossed lovers!

5. Before I die by Jenny Downham
Before I die is a beautiful story about a girl dying of cancer so she decides to make a list to things she wants to do before she dies. Its funny at some points, sad and emotional in others. The imagery used in the ending is just phenomenal. Definitely a recommended read!

2 comments:

  1. I prefer Hunger Games and Catching Fire over Mockingjay. I felt like it needed a bit more finesse than what it got. :( COFA was ridiculous in the best way. Naughty!Jace is A-mazing. Definitely kept me on the hook the entire time. Now I'm counting down the days for COLS. I also read Halo this summer for the first time. It was definitely intriguing. I'm loving all these angel novels popping up these days. Only about 10 more days until Hades, the sequel gets released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Sisterhood19 August 2011 at 12:10

    I am so super excited for Hades! Can't wait!
    I also preferred the first two the last one was just so dark and it was more exciting when they were in the actual hunger games.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...