Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Tiggy's top 5 reads of the Summer

It was hard work narrowing down the vast number of books I have recently read into just 5 but here I go:


5) My Love Lies bleeding (The Drake Chronicles) by Alyxanda Harvey - I love love loved this book! Ok I admit first I was a bit sceptical. Not being a super huge vampire fan I didn't know what to expect but boy was I surprised. This book was edgy, romantic and funny. It was a very light read due to how short it actually is. Even now I'm flicking through the book to reread some of my best parts. Definitely recommend it.


4) Boy's Don't Cry - Malorie Blackman. I have previously done a review on this book where you can read my thoughts and feelings on it. But just to be brief, the blurb captivated me and being a huge Malorie Blackman fan I knew I wouldn't be let down. A Must read. Especially for the men out there!


3) Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare. This is book one in the infernal devices series. I am a huge fan of The Mortal Instrument Series so I had high expectations. I loved the love triangle between Will Tessa and Jem. The book was also mysterious leaving a lot of unanswered questions so I am definitely looking forward to book two Clockwork Prince. I am Team Jem *hides face* don't shoot me!


2) Unearthly - Cynthia Hand. Unearthly opened up a whole new category of YA fiction for me which I wasn't even fully aware off. Angel books. This book was written in beautiful prose. I loved the main female character Clara which is usually very uncommon for me. For a romantic exciting read that will keep you on the edge of your bed read Unearthly!


AND FINALLY
1) Wither - Lauren DeStefano. I cannot blabber on about this book enough. I loved it. I'm a huge fan on  dystopian fiction and oh boy was this an alternate reality. I didn't think a book could make you feel so many conflicted emotions at once but Wither succeeded in this epically. I think I might die waiting for Fever book two of this trilogy is out.

2 comments:

  1. Clockwork Angel is definitely one of my favorite YA novels. I like TMI, but TID is just so much cooler in my opinion. Maybe it's the steampunkiness. Maybe it's Will. I'm not sure, but that book rocked! I've been hearing good things about Unearthly and Wither so I'll definitely have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Sisterhood19 August 2011 at 13:44

    Wither and Unearthly are must reads! I loved them :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...