Sunday, 23 October 2011

Interview with Katie M John


Recently we had the amazing opportunity to interview Katie John on her Knight trilogy books and her experiences as an author. Check it out below!

1. How did you come up with the idea for the Knight trilogy? and why YA Arthurian?
The legends of King Arthur were the stories of my childhood. I have always been completely enchanted by the romance of the Grail legends and especially the doomed romance of Lancelot and Quenivere. As a teenager I fell in love with the Pre-Raphaelite movement because many of their paintings brought the Arthurian legends to life. I finally read Morte De Arthur by Mallory whilst on maternity leave with my daughter Rossetti. The story evoked such a sense of my past that I just started writing the story of Mina and Blake.

2. Are there any authors who have inspired you to write? or was it something you always loved?
I have always loved to write; I'm an only child and it was a way that I passed the time of a lot of my childhood. I did some 'serious' writing when I was at university but set it aside when I started teaching. The combination of having my daughter and turning thirty coincided with a discovery of YA literature; something I'd never read up until this point. It was a powerful combination.

 

3. Describe Knight trilogy briefly?
A haunting tale of love and loss. A romantic fairytale with a dark and dangerous shadow. An awakening.

4. What's the best part of being an author?
Sharing my story with readers and talking about the magical world I've created makes me feel unbelievably lucky and very humbled. I've made some wonderful friends because of Blake and Mina's story. Also, being able to live more than one life makes me feel like I'm cheating time.

5. Any word's of advice to aspiring writers out there?
Chip away at it. Don't give up. Every word Counts.
Check out her website here
Buy the book from Amazon here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...