Sunday, 4 March 2012

Review: Fever by Lauren DeStefano

Title: Fever (Chemical Garden #2)
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Other books in series: Wither (Chemical Garden #1)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster children's
Date Published: February 21st 2012
Rating: 5/5

Good Reads Synopsis:
Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind. 

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness. 

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary. 



Review:
I was highly anticipating the sequel to Wither, I really enjoyed reading the first book and was looking forward to how Rhine and Gabriel's lives change as they leave the mansion. I enjoyed reading this book even more than Wither it was that good.  In Lauren DeStefano's dystopian due to a genetic cause men die at the age of 25 and woman die at the age of 20.


Fever starts where Wither left off, Rhine and Gabriel finally escape the mansion away from the cruel Master Vaughn (Linden's father).  Immediately they are trapped in a carnival where the ring mistress uses Rhine and Gabriel in a show, just when Rhine thought she had left a horrible environment she is in yet another bleak and terrifying place. Rhine and Gabriel manage to escape and go an a search for Rhine's twin brother Rowan. Rhine begins to fall sick and thinks the disease is catching up with her or worse has Master Vaughn done something to her similar to what he did to her sister wife Jenna?


As Rhine continues on her search for her brother she finds terrifying truths, discover's her relationship with Gabriel more and tries to escape more terrors coming her way. 
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book because there was so much happening all the time. The ending was great and I am scared for what will happen in Book three, but I love Rhine's character she is strong, determined and brave while Gabriel is a sweetheart and supports her throughout.


Lauren DeStefano creates an amazing dystopian world, and writes beautifully.


I cannot wait for book three and would recommend this book to everyone.


Click here to buy Fever

6 comments:

  1. Great detailed review! I can't wait read it. Unfortunately, I just haven't been able to fit it in. Hopefully soon.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writing is beautiful, isn't it? I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all end. I'm also interested in what this author will right next. She has a unique sensibility. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...now i know that can't wait to get my hands on Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I loved Wither, so I'm going to read this book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I think that maybe I should start Wither soon... haha! fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds interesting! I think I'll give this series a go. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...